Vision and Mission
To be the best to educate the best
We aim to provide world-class education within the scope of the department to produce innovators and leaders to meet the needs of current and future industries.
We strive to establish world-class research facilities and develop technical expertise in key research-focused areas to build up our academic leadership.
The Core Values to accompany our strategic vision
We believe in the following values in guiding our decision-making and to lead us to the future:
- Teaching from strength: there should be a strong coupling between research and teaching so that the students will receive a world-class education.
- Teaching is a privilege: students and parents placed their trust in our hands, and we will honor the trust.
- Research excellence: we shall continue to build intellectual capital and academic credentials to foster creativity and innovation to benefit our students as well as to serve the community.
- Training of the mind: we will strive to transform the way students think, and thought patterns, and let them become independent and innovative thinkers through classes, research, and practice.
- Balancing the academic and practical tracks: we shall provide a choice between the academic track and practical track, professional paths tailored to the talent of the students.