Frequently Asked Questions
When will services be available after application or renewal or re-selection of service options has been made?
Alumni Card - with subscription to library services as either a Reader or a Borrower
Any alumni member should obtain a valid CityU Alumni Card (issued by the Alumni Relations Office, ARO) before subscribing to Library Alumni Services: either as a Borrower or a Reader. Application procedures are detailed on ARO's website.
- While applying for a new Alumni Card via ARO's website, applicant can add optional library services. The whole process can be finished online. Applicants need to log in to AIMS with their EIDs.
- Your new Alumni Card will be a smartcard. Please allow 1-2 weeks for its production. You will receive email notification on when and how to collect the new smartcard.
- The old-format Alumni Library Cards (yellow cards with barcodes) will no longer be issued. Holders of the old-format cards need to renew all campus services (including library services) via the above ARO's website in the future.
- For students graduated in the current academic year, it may take more than 4 working days depending on when the alumni data of the current academic year are passed to the Library system.
Alumni e-Resources Service
Alumni may choose an option so that they can remote access to a selection of electronic resources, without applying for ARO's Alumni Cards mentioned above.
- To do so, click on the AIMS button on the CityU Alumni page. Log in to AIMS with their EIDs and register for e-Resources.
- Under normal circumstances, access to selected Library electronic resources will be ready in 2 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays).
How to access the selected Library electronic resources?
Please refer to the web page on How to Access.
How to find out the expiry date of my Free Alumni e-Resources Service?
- Click on the AIMS button on the CityU Alumni page. Log on with your Electronic ID and Password.
- Under the Alumni Services tab, select Alumni Library Services.
The expiry date of the free Alumni e-Resources Service you are currently enjoying will be indicated under the paragraph headed FREE SERVICE.
What shall I do if I lose my Alumni Card?
Loss of the Alumni Card must be reported immediately to the Alumni Relations Office (ARO) at 3442-6075. A replacement card, with already arranged campus services, will be issued by the ARO.