Library Services Offered to Retired Staff
Retired staff members are welcome to apply for “Reader's or Borrower's Card”. Please visit the webpage (https://www.cityu.edu.hk/lib/service/courtesycard.htm) for detailed information.
Services for Reader's or Borrower's Card Holders
- Reader's or Borrower's Card Holders can visit the Library in person.
- Loan/Request Quota (for Borrower’s Card only) 1
||40 items / 30 days
|Book Request Quota
||2 item / 3 days
|Semi-closed (Reserve) / Closed Access Materials
||3 items / 5 hours, 1 day or 3 days
- Electronic Resources
- Instructional Services and Tours
- No face-to-face instructional services (including library classes and library tours) are provided for Reader's or Borrower's Card Holders.
- Most online instruction, including online tours, online tutorials and online guides developed for CityU students and staff are also accessible by retired staff.
- Reference Services
- Retired staff members may seek reference help at the Law & Reference Help Desk.
- Other Services and Facilities
|Group Discussion Rooms||No||No
|Interlibrary Loan (ILL)||No||No
|Octopus Card-operated Fast Printing||Yes||Yes
|Public Terminals (OPAC)||Yes||Yes
|Quota Controlled Fast Printing||No||No
|Special Terminals 2||Yes||Yes
|Guided Library Tours||No||No
- Details refer to Library's Borrowing Regulations
(http://www.cityu.edu.hk/lib/about/libreg/regulat.htm#loanquota). The Library may make any changes without further notice.
- Details refer to PC workstations for Retirees Library Card Holders