Notebook Computer Loan
The Computing Services Centre (CSC) is providing a limited number of notebook computers to be loaned to departments for temporary use only. For example:
- Use in the University or departmental events
- Short term use for academic and research purposes
- Temporary office/work from home usages
Terms of Service
- The maximum loan period should not exceed one month unless there is a strong and approved reason. Users may be charged for not returning the computers by the specified due date.
- Users can apply for an extension of the loan period provided the computers are available. However, users are required to bring back the borrowed computers for processing the extension and/or applying security patch updates.
- Users are responsible for any damage or loss of the borrowed computers by repairing or replacing a part or whole of the computers where applicable.
- Users should report to the CSC immediately for any noticeable damage to the computers.
- Users are strongly advised to save any work onto OneDrive. Data, especially confidential data, should be removed from the notebooks before returning.
- Borrowed computers remain the property of CityU and users must comply with the University’s IT Use Policy.
Support & Contact
The booking of these notebook computers is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Departments can reserve these computers by submitting an online CSC Work Request.
Any issues with the computers or the loan service should be directed to the IT Service Desk.