Our Vision and Mission
VisionThe Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences (VCS) was established in March 2020 in the Jockey Club College of Veterinary Medicine.
Our diverse and pioneering team embrace a vision be Asia's pre-eminent body advancing veterinary clinical science in response to evolving societal needs.
MissionOur mission has three distinct but interrelated components:
- to train highly-professional, practicing veterinary clinicians through didactic teaching, laboratories, and practical experiences based in state-of-the-art veterinary clinical facilities;
- to advance animal health through cutting-edge clinical research;
- to contribute to the community through excellent service and outreach.
Key Strategic GoalsThe Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences has the following key strategic goals:
- attract a critical mass of world-class veterinary clinical faculty to secure and maintain accreditation of CityU's Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine programme and to establish Hong Kong's first academic postgraduate veterinary residency-training programmes;
- establish an outstanding clinical research environment, building on CityU strengths in biomedical sciences, neurosciences, infectious diseases and public health, to deliver outcomes that benefit all species;
- foster strong community engagement through excellent clinical service, advice and continuing professional development for veterinarians, and media engagement.