City University of Hong Kong
Management Board Statute
The Management Board advises the President on matters relating to the development and management of the University and provides a major channel of communication between the senior management and the University community.
- The Board provides advice to the President including the following:
- the development of strategic plans and associated financial plans for the University;
- the methodology for establishing budgets and other resource allocation matters;
- University policies and associated procedures in the following areas:
- administration and management;
- financial planning and control;
- staffing matters;
- student affairs;
- risk management;
- development & external relations.
- To fulfil its role as a major channel of communication, the Board receives regular
reports on the
- progress on the implementation of proposals in the Strategic Plan;
- the University’s recurrent and capital finances;
- capital projects undertaken by the University;
- reports as appropriate, from other University committees and from administrative offices, as directed by the President.
- The Management Board shall comprise:
- the President, who shall be the chairman;
- the Deputy President;
- the Provost;
- the Vice-Presidents or their equivalents;
- the Associate Provost(s);
- the Deans of Colleges or equivalent bodies;
- the Dean of Graduate Studies;
- such heads or other members of staff as determined by the President.
- One half of the members for the time being shall form a quorum. No meeting shall be held if more than half of the substantive members are represented by staff discharging their office temporarily on an acting basis.