Applicants should include the following expense items when planning for their exchange:
- Travel expenses
- Passport and visa fees
- Medical and travel insurance
- Books and supplies
- Local transportation costs
- Personal spending
- Study-related fees required by the host institution
Students on exchange should pay CityU tuition fee and other study-related fees to maintain their student status at CityU. They are exempted from paying the tuition of the host institution.
Students may apply for funding to support their exchange.
- Student Exchange Fund
- Special Fund for Non-local Outbound Exchange Students
- Joseph Lau Student Exchange Awards
- Subsidies offered by the Education Bureau
- University scholarships
For details, please check the Global Engagement Office's website.
From External Donors
CityU has also set aside an interest-free loan to help needy students to cover part of their overseas study-related expenses. Please visit SDS website for details.