Pre-departure training and post-internship debriefing
1. Students are required to join both the pre-departure workshop and final briefing to better prepare them for the OIS.
2. After returning to Hong Kong, students are required to attend a post-internship debriefing to consolidate their learning experience.
3. Full attendance is compulsory.
1. Students are jointly supervised by a host supervisor and a CityU supervisor.
2. Both supervisors shall meet at least once on Skype to discuss and monitor the progress of the students, preferably in the middle of the internship period.
3. It is the students’ responsibility to arrange the meeting.
4. Recommendation of an overall pass grade is needed from both supervisors for students to pass the course, FS4005 Overseas Internship Scheme.
Students are required to complete the following assignments on time.
|Logbook||To complete a logbook and submit to the host supervisor for weekly review. The CityU supervisor shall review it upon the students return to Hong Kong. Students should submit the logbook to the Co-operative Education Centre by 31 August.|
|Progress report||To submit a progress report by 30 June.|
|Final report||To submit a final report by 31 August.|
|Final presentation||To deliver a final presentation:
(a) to the host on site before returning to Hong Kong.
(b) to the CityU Supervisor in Hong Kong before Semester A begins.
|Reflection essay||To submit a reflection essay on how the student benefits from the learning experience by 31 August.|
|Photos and expense summary||To submit photos for record & future promotion and an expense summary for the reference of future participants by 31 August.|
Failure to complete any of the above listed assignments will result in failure of the course.