You will be required to provide your personal data to the University for admission application. The information that you provide in the application, including the HKID card/passport/travel document number, examination results and qualifications, will be used for the following purposes:
- as a basis for various types of processing in relation to your application;
- as a basis for the selection of applicants for admission to the programmes offered by the University and for other relevant or related purposes;
- to obtain from the relevant examination authority, assessment body or academic institution in Hong Kong or elsewhere information about your examination results, records of studies or professional qualifications if deemed appropriate;
- to carry out checks on your application, and any records of studies in the University and other institutions in Hong Kong and elsewhere if deemed appropriate;
- to carry out checks on other information mentioned in your application (e.g. employment records, non-academic awards) with the relevant party if deemed appropriate;
- to transfer relevant data to the University's student record system upon the successful outcome of your application;
- for statistical and research purposes (with personal identifiers removed); and
- personal data may be used for direct marketing of the University's programmes and activities.
You may opt out from receiving such information via your application account if you wish.
Please note that by submitting your application, you authorize the University to obtain, and the relevant examination authority, academic institution or organisation to release, information about your examination results and records of studies, and participation in activities and the awards obtained. In accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to access and to correct the personal data contained in the application, and the right to request a copy of such data during the admission exercise. If you wish to obtain more information, please write to the University. You may be charged a fee for each request. Data for unsuccessful applications and unenrolled applicants will be destroyed at the end of the admission exercise.