Pre-application Information Session, Second Round Student Exchange Programme 2020-21

    Frequently Asked Questions

    1. Do I need to pay tuition to CityU during the exchange period?

    Yes, you must pay your normal tuition and other study-related fees to CityU while studying outside Hong Kong as an exchange student. However, you do not have to pay any tuition fee at your host university.

    2. I am a second-year student. Can I go on exchange in my final year of study?

    Yes, if your application is approved by your College/School/Department, you may choose to participate in the Student Exchange Programme in any semester that fits your study plan.

    3. Is there any language requirement?

    Yes, unless you apply for a programme conducted in Chinese in Mainland China or Taiwan. For all other programmes, you need to fulfil both the English Language Requirement set for Student Exchange Programme and any specific requirements set by your host university. If you do not meet these requirements, your offer to participate in the Student Exchange Programme will be withdrawn, along with any funding.

    4. When can I go on exchange?

    Students who apply for exchange in the first round will be asked to indicate their choice of Semester A or B in the next academic year as their exchange semester. Students who apply in the second round will go on exchange in Semester B of the same academic year if selected.

    5. Can I change my choice of host university after confirming the offer?

    No, you will have to relinquish your offer and submit a new application for exchange in the next round of selection.

    6. What should I do with the credit units earned from the exchange programme?

    You should consult your academic advisor or programme leader at CityU about credit transfer before your exchange study. After completing your exchange programme, you will need to consult your programme leader about the actual transfer of credits. The approved credits will be transferred back to your academic record at CityU. For further details, contact the Academic Regulations and Records Office and your home department.