Digital Television and Broadcasting
Aims of Major
The B.A. Programme in Digital Television and Broadcasting (BATVB) aims to train students to be professionals in the digital new media industry. It puts students on the forefront of new media technology and enables them to learn a broad range of digital media skills, concepts, content, forms, trends and terminologies. It develops and extends students’ creative potential and nurtures their entrepreneurial expertise in such a way that encourages them to explore, discover and present unique peculiarities of social realities. It prepares graduates to take up the creative media, innovative, technological and management role in the ever-changing media sectors in Hong Kong and elsewhere.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Major (MILOs)
Upon successful completion of this major, students should be able to:
1. Learn and apply the aesthetic, linguistic, analytic, creative, and technological tools and skills for digital media and content production
2. Create new ideas and solutions to new media production and discover unique peculiarities of social realities
3. Effectively use emerging information and communications technologies, and adopt them for life-long learning
4. Acquire advanced knowledge of communication, marketing, and advertising as well as their philosophies, principles, and techniques
5. Learn and apply appropriate theories and research methods to develop comprehensive and analytic perspectives on various issues
6. Reflect on the legal, ethical, and social responsibilities of a digital media and broadcasting professional in a global society
7. Describe and analyze business and entrepreneurial aspects for digital media and broadcasting applications
No sharing of courses between major and minor requirements is allowed.