PhD and Habilitation (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) (Aix-Marseille University, France)
Certificate (ENA, France)
Visiting Scholar (Harvard)
Visiting Scholar (Columbia)
Co-Associate Director, CityU Centre for Public Affairs and Law
Arbitrator (Zhuhai, Qingdao, Wuhan)
- Chinese and Comparative Constitutional Law
- The Basic Law of Hong Kong
- Law of Human Rights in Hong Kong and China
- Public Administration of China
ZHU Guobin, BA, MA, LLM (RenminU), LLM (HKU), PhD & Habilitation (Aix-Marseille U), Visiting Scholar (Harvard & Columbia), is Professor of Law at CityU School of Law, Associate Director of CityU Centre for Public Affair and Law, and concurrently, Director of CityU Press. He is Guest/ Adjunct Professor/ Research Fellow at Shandong University, Sichuan University, Central China University, Wuhan University Law School, Qingdao University Law School and Zhejiang University Law School. He is Titular Member of International Academy of Comparative Law, Council Member of Chinese Association of Constitutional Law and Chinese Judicial Studies Association. He also serves as Advisor to Our Hong Kong Foundation. Professor Zhu specialised in Chinse and Comparative Constitutional Law, Hong Kong Basic Law, Chines Human Rights Law, Comparative Law and Chinese Public Administration, and has extensively published in the above fields, in English, Chinese or French.
- "Deference as Proper Judicial Attitude -- with Special Reference to Anti-Mask Law Judgments", co-authored with Zhang Xiaoshan, in Hong Kong Law Journal, HKIJ Vol 50 Part (2020), pp.517-540.
- “The Role of the Judiciary and the Supreme Court in the Constitution Making Process: the Case of Nepal”, co-authored with Antonios Kouroutakis, forthcoming in Stanford Journal of International Law, 55:1 Stanford J of Intl L 69 (2019), pp. 69-82.
- “Stimuli-Responsive Transformation of Governance: A Case Study of China’s Central Administration of Labor”, co-authored with Ngok Kinglun, in China: An International Journal, CIJ Vol. 15 No. 4 (Nov 2017): pp. 1-21.
- “The Hong Kong Subconstitutional Model of Separation of Powers: The Case of Weak Judicial Review”, co-authored with Antonios Kouroutakis, in Hong Kong Law Journal, HKLJ Vol 47 Part 1 (2017), pp. 221-241.
- “Hong Kong: un modèle d’autonomie”, in Diversité de la Démocratie - Théorie et Comparatisme: les Pays de la Mélanésie, Paris: LGDJ – Lextenso Éditions, 2016, pp. 565-573.
- “Right to Social Security: Assessing Chinese Practice against International Standards”, in Surya Deva (ed.), Socio-Economic Rights in Emerging Free Markets: Comparative Insights from India and China, Routledge, 2016, pp. 312-341.
- "The Right to Minority Language Instruction in Schools: Negotiating Competing Claims in Multinational China", a lead article in Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 36 No. 3, 2014, pp. 692-721.
- “Chinese Immigration Law and Policy: A Case of ‘Change Your Direction, or End Up Where You Are Heading’?”, a lead article in Colombia Journal of Asian Law, Vol. 26 (2013), Issue Spring 2013., pp. 1-28.
- “Weak Courts, Weak Rights – Assessing the Realization of Constitutional Rights in the PRC Courts”, in Hong Kong Law Journal, HKLJ Vol 43 Part 2 (2013), pp.713-743.
- “The Composite State of China under ‘One Country, Multiple Systems’ – Theoretical Construction and Methodological Considerations”, in I.CON - International Journal of Constitutional Law , Vol. 10 No. 1 (2012), pp. 272-297.
- "Prosecuting ‘Evil Cults’: A Critical Examination of Law regarding Freedom of Religious Belief in Mainland China", a lead article in Human Rights Quarterly, Vol. 32 No. 3, 2010, pp. 471-501.
- "Constitutional Review in China: An Unaccomplished Project or a Mirage?", in Suffolk University Law Review, No. 3, Vol 43 (2010), pp. 625-653.
- "香港基本法第158條與立法解釋 (Art 158 of the Basic Law of Hong Kong and Legislative Interpretation)", 法學研究 Chinese Journal of Law 30(2), March 2008, pp.3-26.
- "Marketization, Globalization and Administrative Reform in China – A Zigzag Road to a Promising Future", International Review of Administrative Sciences 73(2), June 2007, pp.217-233.
- "Inter-regional Conflict of Laws under ‘One Country, Two Systems’: Revisiting Chinese Legal Theories and Chinese and Hong Kong Law, with Special Reference to Judicial Assistance", Hong Kong Law Journal 32(3), December 2002, pp.615-676.
- Personal Data (Privacy) Law in Hon Kong – A Practical Guide on Compliance, co-edited with Stephen Kai-yi Wong, Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press, July 2016, 524 p.; 2nd ed., Dec 2020, 852 p.
- 《"一地兩檢" 與全國人大常委的權力》 (The Co-location Project and the Power of the National People's Congress Standing Committee), Chief Editor, Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong, Nov 2020, 341 pages.
- 《建構 "一國兩制" 憲制---在動態中達至平衡》 (Constructing Constitutional Order of "One Country Two Systems" - Seeking Dynamic Equilibrium), Hong Kong: Joint Publishing (HK) Co. Ltd., Oct 2020, 381 pages.
- Deference to the Administration in Judicial Review: Comparative Perspectives, Chief Editor, Springer, Dec 2019, 445 pages.
- 《中央與特別行政區關係專論》(A Focal Study of the Relationship between the Central Authorities and the Special Administrative Region), Co-Chief Editor, Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press, July 2019, 364 pages.
- 第五次人大釋法：憲法與學理論爭(The Fifth Interpretation of the NPCSC: Constitutional and Jurisprudential Debate), Chief-Editor, Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press, April 2018, 436 p.
- 香港特區政治體制研究 (The Study of Political Structure of the HKSAR), Chief-Editor, Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong Press, July 2017, 296 p.
- 香港司法制度 (Hong Kong Judicial System), 合著, 修訂香港版，中華書局，香港, July 2013, 312 p.
- 憲法權利與憲政 - 當代中國憲法問題研究 (Constitutional Rights and Constitutionalism - A Study of the Current Constitutional Issues in Contemporary China), 合著，香港大學出版社，October 2011, 438 p.
- 香江法政縱橫-香港基本法學緒論 （Jurisprudence and Politics in the Fragrant Harbor: Making Waves with the Hong Kong Basic Law）, 法律出版社，北京， August 2010, 247 p.
- 當代中國政治與政府 (Government and Politics of Contemporary China), 第三版,中國人民大學出版社, 北京, March 2015, 362 p.
- 新編中國法 (A New Introduction to Chinese Law), Co-Chief Editor, 香港城市大學出版社, 香港, July 2007, 625 p.
- 中國憲法與政治制度 (Constitutional Law and Political System of China), 第二版, 法律出版社, 北京, August 2006, 395 p.
- 探尋憲政之路 – 從現代化的視角檢討中國20世紀上半葉的憲政實踐 (Pursuing the Road to Constitutionalism – A Review of the Constitutional Reform in the First Half of 20th Century of China from the Perspective of Process of Modernity), 山東人民出版社, January 2005, 239 p.
- The Legal Status of Hong Kong: Autonomy or Integration (in French, Le Statut de Hong Kong: Autonomie ou Intégration) Aix-en-Provence, France: Aix-Marseilles University Press, December 2002, 287 p.
- Advisor to Our Hong Kong Foundation, Hong Kong
- Vice-Chairman of Steering Committee for Undergraduate Legal Education of Colleges and Universities of Guangdong Province, China
- Guest Professor (Law) at Shandong University (Jinan) and Sichuan University (Chengdu)
- Adjunct Professor at School of Law of Wuhan University and School of Law of Qingdao University.
- Trustee of The Legal Education Trust Fund, Hong Kong
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Titular Member, International Academy of Comparative Law
- Council Member, China Society of Constitutional Law
- Council Member, Chinese Judicial Studies Association
- Member, International Association of Constitutional Law
- Member, French Society of Comparative Legislation
- Member, Chinese Association of Hong Kong and Macau Studies
- Member, Association of Hong Kong Basic Law and Macau Basic Law