This program aims to prepare students with the theoretical and methodological foundations in becoming an urban professional. It will equip students with the active attitude as well as the knowledge, analytic approaches and learning skills in understanding and critically evaluating the theories and practices of the management of large cities both in the Region and internationally.
On completion of the master in urban management, graduates will be able to:
- recognise the major theoretical approaches to urban policy and practices of urban management in the Region and beyond;
- apply the analytic and research skills acquired in the programme in devising new understanding of the practices of urban management;
- conduct independent interrogation of practices in urban management and generate innovative solutions in improving practices;
- identify and reflect the social and cultural norms and dimensions of urban management practices across countries; and
- present their ideas clearly and systematically, both in verbal and written forms.