The programme aims to:
1. enhance existing construction related professionals with the knowledge of urban design and regional planning;
2. produce experts with comprehensive knowledge of urban design and regional planning;
3. offer a route for further study to graduates of construction related disciplines;
4. provide multi-disciplinary approach for architecture, civil engineering, urban design, urban planning, building services and construction professionals;
5. train/equip students with the skills for carrying out research works in various related disciplines.