The programme aims to re-orient the mindset of senior business executives through exploring and innovating new business knowledge and practices in the context of modern knowledge economy and China market.
Year of Entry2019
Application DeadlineLocal & Non-local : 31 May 2019
Mode of StudyPart-time
Mode of FundingNon-government-funded
Intermediate AwardPostgraduate Diploma and Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration
Indicative Intake Target20
Minimum No. of Credits Required40
Class ScheduleWeekday evenings and Saturday afternoons. Intensive teaching mode.
Normal Study Period2 years
Maximum Study Period5 years
Mode of ProcessingApplications are processed on a rolling basis. Review of applications will start before the deadline and continue until all places are filled. Early applications are therefore strongly encouraged.
- hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least Second Class Honours or equivalent from a recognized university;
- possess at least 6 years in senior managerial experience;
- be proficient in English and Chinese; and/or
- preferably have a GMAT score.
Applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English should also fulfill the following minimum English proficiency requirement:
- a minimum total score of 550 (paper-based test) or 59 (revised paper-delivered test) or 79 (Internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), sum of Reading, Listening and Writing section scores; or
- a minimum IELTS score of 6.5; or
- Other equivalent qualifications
All shortlisted candidates are required to attend an interview. Applicants without the specified qualifications but who are able to present exceptionally good alternative qualifications or substantial current managerial experience may also be considered for admission.
- Leadership Positioning
- Organizational Behaviour
- Managerial Economics
- Financial Reporting and Analysis for Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Managing Operations for Competitive Advantage
- Challenges in Marketing
- Management Information Systems
- CEO Forum
- Strategic Management (capstone course)
- EITHER FB6812 EMBA Project OR FB6813 Executive Consultancy Mission (Residential Trip)^
- Current Challenges in China Business
- Current Challenges in Leadership
Six of the following electives:
- Marketing Strategies for Executives in Modern China
- Managing Services and Experiences
- Crisis Management for Senior Executives
- Innovative Solutions for Real Business Cases
- Public Speaking and Communication
- Global Organizations Benchmarking Field Study^
- Contemporary Business Topics / Issues
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Global Advanced Management Workshop~
- Industry On-site Workshop in China^
- Methodology for Applied Business Research I* (FB8001D)
- Methodology for Applied Business Research II* (FB8002D)
- Residential Workshop I* (FB8004D)
^Participants need to pay extra cost of the Trip (depending on the destination) in addition to the credit unit fees required for the course(s).
~Tuition fee of this course will follow the fee structure of the "Advanced Management Programme" for current students.
* Participants who wish to pursue CityU's DBA programme after graduation must take FB6812, FB8001D, FB8002D and FB8004D as their EMBA elective courses. Block credit transfer of these courses (total: 12 credit units) to the DBA programme will be arranged upon successful completion of the courses subject to regulations for credit transfer and approval of the University.
**An elective list will be drawn up for each year subject to student demand and staffing constraints.
The EMBA programme is reimbursable under the Continuing Education Fund (CEF) subject to a maximum of HK$10,000.
Note: Participants who have more than 3 courses with Grade C or below; or more than 2 courses with Grade D or below may not be granted an EMBA award unless they retake those courses to improve the grades in accordance with the University regulations.
- Elite Leaders: CEO Forum provides a platform for face-to-face exchanges with prominent CEOs
- Elite Partner University: A 5-day advanced management workshop led by professors of other international Universities (subject to further notice)
- Elite Mission: Executive Consultancy Mission (Residential Trip) in the form of 5-6 days management consultancy outside Hong Kong
- Elite Benchmarking: A 3 to 4-day field trip benchmarking renowned global organizations and visiting senior government officials in Asia
- Elite Path Accelerated to DBA: A fast-track curriculum designed for senior executives and entrepreneurs with high performance to get both EMBA and DBA awards respectively
A second round of application [Deadline: 15 July 2019 (local)] may be conducted if places are available. However, applications received before the initial deadline will be considered first.