This programme provides post-graduate level training in applied physics with highly marketable professional skills in the sub-fields of Bio-medical Physics*, Energy Materials Physics and General Advanced Physics. In addition to an advanced physics education, the graduates will gain knowledge of physical principles and how these principles can be applied to practical problems in specific related professions. The training and knowledge provided are suitable for employment as medical technical specialists and engineers in electronic and renewable energy industries in Hong Kong, China and other South Eastern countries. Graduates of this programme will have the flexibility to seek employment in the industry as well as pursuing Ph.D. studies in a broad range of related fields (e.g. Physics, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering).
Upon successful completion of this Programme, students should:
- Acquire an extensive and in-depth physical knowledge of and analytical skills in the various applied physics and engineering fields.
- Develop the ability to apply the knowledge of applied and engineering physics to generate creative and ethical solutions in the working environment.
- Be able to communicate effectively with applied and engineering physics related professionals.
- Be able to apply textbook theories to applied and engineering physics problems.
- Be able to design and conduct experiments, as well as to critically analyze and interpret data.
- Be able to identify, formulate, solve engineering or scientific problems and generate new ideas in the relevant subfields of applied and engineering physics.
- Develop necessary skills to present research findings in a logical manner to the scientific community.
- Recognize the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
* the Bio-medical Physics concentration in this programme will not be offered in 2020/2021.