Greater Bay Biotechnology focuses on developing innovative microneedles device for drug and cell delivery. Our cryomicroneedles (CMNs) is an innovative device which allows effective storage, transportation, and in situ delivery of living cells, biologics and drug. Applications include diabetes treatment, cell and dermatology therapy.
Greater Bay Biotechnology is founded by researchers from City University of Hong Kong and is supported by CityU HK Tech 300 Seed Fund and The Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) IDEATION Programme. We received multiple accolades for our innovation.
We work in partnership with pharmaceutical companies to develop innovative, minimally invasive and safe drug and cell delivery solutions. This include delivering insulin using our CMNs as a minimally invasive treatment option for the 130 million diabetes patients in China. We also expand the application of microneedles technology in the delivery of other drug, cosmetic and cell formulations.
Dr ZHENG Mengjia (Postdoc, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, CityU)
Ms ZHANG Yuyue (PhD, Dept. of Biomedical Engineering, CityU)
Ms ZHANG Jitian (PhD, Dept. of Biomedical Sciences, CityU)
(Info based on the team's application form)
2. The Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks Corporation (HKSTP) IDEATION Programme
3. Second runner-up, Hong Kong Chapter of “Maker in China” SME Innovation and Entrepreneurship Global Contest 2021
4. Silver Prize, The 7th China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
5. Second prize, The 4th "Beijing-Hong Kong Youth Innovation and Entrepreneur Cup" Entrepreneurship Competition
6. Third Prize, 2022 Chengdu "Rongpiao Cup" High-level Talents Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (Shuangliu District and Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Competition)
7. Third prize, 2021 “創匯香湘" Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
8. Selected to be in the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) First "Light of Innovation" SME technological innovation outstanding achievement list (the only selected enterprise in Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan)
9. Selected to be as The 4th Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area Top 50 Innovative Biotechnology Enterprises