This course is continuation of SM2606 Installation Fundamentals. It aims to introduce students an advanced level of installation technique as well as a higher degree of sophistication in installation design and media architecture.
Students will investigate both principles and practical methods in content development, system design, installation organization and production management. This course will prepare students to be articulate in theoretical perspectives relevant to installation experimentation with embodiment, visual-audio-spatial design, temporal treatments, physical computing, motion sensing / detection, gesture recognition and alternative interfaces.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
- Demonstrate skills of using more advanced tools to orchestrate media installation.
- Design and construct their own installation work / event from concept to completion.
- Manage a feasible installation project with obtainable resource.
- Identify, describe and analyze media installation with profound insight.
- Convey a personal aesthetic about uses of technologies in their own works.
A series of technical workshops will be conducted to help students to build their own installation project at the end of the semester.