This course is design to train students to work systematically and professionally on their projects or products from Final Year Projects to client-based or self-initiative ventures. The main goal is to provide students a solid background to handle projects that require both innovative ideas and media technology skills. This course is a survey of the multimedia production process starting with the initial proposal, following the different steps of the process, to quality assurance and distribution. Interaction between technical and creative sides of the process is the core focus. The modifications of the generic production process required to handle different types of media will also be discussed.
The main topics covered in this course include:
1. The general multimedia production process.
2. Different types of multimedia projects and how they influence the production process.
3. The interaction between the technical and creative aspects of a project.
4. Practical production issues.
5. Creating your own multimedia Project / business.