This course aims to:
1. Introduce the concepts of staffing, which includes recruitment, selection, career management, and retention, from the dual perspectives of the employee and the organization.
2. Facilitate an understanding of the nature of jobs and organizational performance in order to achieve an appropriate job-person and person-organization match.
3. Facilitate the discovery of processes involved in analyzing jobs and conducting job interviews.
4. Facilitate students’ discovery of the appropriate staffing tools and practices to recruit, select, manage the career of, and retain the most appropriate employees for jobs and organizations.
5. Develop students’ ability to apply the theories of related to staffing to the various problems both individuals and organizations face in creating valued-added human capital.