COM2202 - Writing for the Media
Offering Academic Unit
Department of Media and Communication
EN4533 Writing for the Media
Course Offering Term*:
Semester A 2020/21, Semester B 2020/21
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
This course aims to
- develop students' writing abilities for a wide range of mass media channels in both English and Chinese.
- focus on developing and applying different writing skills required for each area of mass communication, such as writing for broadcast, print or new media covering a range of document types.
- examine and apply general writing principles across functional genres when writing for information, entertainment, interpretation, persuasion and promotion.
- develop students' ability to be flexible when moving from one medium to another and from one kind of writing to another for a variety of purposes.
- prepare students to take up jobs as editors, broadcasters, advertising executives, advertising copywriters, journalists, public relations executives, freelance writers, corporate affairs executives.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Continuous Assessment: 100%
Detailed Course Information
|Department of Media and Communication|