AC4384 - Advanced Professional Internship
Offering Academic Unit
Department of Accountancy
A minimum of 4 weeks
Course Offering Term*:
Semester B 2021/22
|* The offering term is subject to change without prior notice|
- Advanced internship is a continuation of the internship experience, which allows students to complete more than one semester of internship;
- Provide real life working experience in local and/or international contexts for at least 4 weeks;
- Develop an in-depth and practical understanding of business operations and the professional environment by applying the theoretical knowledge, concepts and practical skills of accounting and business learnt in the formal curriculum;
- Sharpen students’ skills in effective communication, individual and team work, time management, data analysis and reporting; and
- Develop students’ ability to explore different ways and knowledge to solve real-life problem(s) during the internship period.
Assessment (Indicative only, please check the detailed course information)
Continuous Assessment: 100%
Detailed Course Information
The students should have completed AC4383 AC Professional Internship and Professional Attachment and obtained a satisfactory performance report before taking AC4384 Advanced Professional Internship. The advanced internship must be related to accounting profession and/or related professional services. The Course Leader and Major Leader decide and endorse the advanced internship if a second internship is deemed to broaden the student’s perspective in a new area or advance the student’s’ knowledge and skills in the same arena.