- BBA Information Management aims to prepare students to become smart business professionals for financial services, auditing and Internet services.
- Students have flexibilities of choosing streams from Business Intelligence (BI), Information Systems Auditing (ISA), Internet Services and Social Networks (ISSN), and Data Informatics (DI).
- The BI stream nurtures smart business leaders in areas of artificial intelligence, big data and cloud services.
- The ISA stream nurtures smart business professionals in information security and privacy, compliance and auditing.
- The ISSN stream nurtures smart business leaders in social media and social networks, SEO and Internet services.
- The DI stream provides students with professional training in data informatics, business knowledge and communication skills. It is an interdisciplinary study, which enables students to acquire knowledge on both data analytics and information management techniques.
- Our graduates are equipped with adequate knowledge and skills in social media, mobile apps, big data, artificial intelligence, financial technology, and cloud services for business innovations.
- They are in high demand in business sectors like banking, accounting, insurance, or financial departments of large organizations. They can become big data scientists, business analysts, systems analysts, technology consultants, and programmers, with great careers of the future.
Demonstrate key knowledge and skills in business related disciplines.
Communicate effectively in English and Chinese.
Apply creative and critical thinking in solving business-related problems.
Attain personal and team goals using individual and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrate awareness of ethical and global issues in business.
Demonstrate the ability to create innovative business solutions by applying the concepts, methods and techniques of modern information management.
Demonstrate the attitude and ability to discover the best practices of systems audit, risk and compliance management for financial services or Internet services.
Demonstrate the ability to design innovative business models with the use of the latest information technologies (e.g. social, mobile, big data analytics, artificial intelligence, financial technology, and cloud services).
|Advanced Standing I1
||Advanced Standing II2|
|Gateway Education requirement*
||30 credit units
||21 credit units
||12 credit units|
||42 credit units
||42 credit units
||21 credit units|
30 credit units
|30 credit units
||30 credit units|
|Free electives / Minor (if applicable)
||18 credit units
|Minimum Graduation Requirement:
||120 credit units
||93 credit units
||63 credit units|
|Maximum Credit Units Permitted:
||144 credit units
||114 credit units
||84 credit units|
||For students with recognised Advanced Level Examinations or equivalent qualifications.|
||For Associate Degree/Higher Diploma graduates admitted as senior-year intake students.|
*For details, please refer to the Curriculum Information Record for Common Requirements.