Aude Pommeret got her PhD from Paris I-Sorbonne in 2000. She has been Assistant Professor at HEC Lausanne and Professor at the University of Savoie. She is currently doing research on energy and environmental economics with a special interest for the issue of uncertainty. She has published in top economic journals (including Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, American Journal of Agricultural Economics or Review of Economic Dynamics) and is a referee for many journals (among which the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, The Energy Journal, Resource and Energy Economics, Environmental and Resource Economics). Four of her PhD students have already completed their dissertation and got assistant professorship or highly qualified jobs in public administrations. Aude Pommeret is an elected member of the French National Council of Universities and at the board of the French Association of Environmental and Resources Economists from its creation in 2013. She also has been the scientific head of a research project financed by the French ministry of ecology on energy efficiency in buildings linking five interdisciplinary research teams.
- Environmental economics
- Real options
- Non-expected utility
Postdoctoral Fellow in the field of Environmental Economics at the School of Energy and Environment
The applicant should hold a Ph.D. degree in economics. Candidates with experience in one or many of the fields listed below are preferred.
- Energy transition modeling
- Climate change and sustainability
- Irreversible decisions under uncertainty and real options
- Econometrics applied to environmental issues
- Numerical resolution of optimal growth models
Strong oral and written communication skills in English and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team are essential.
To apply, please submit your CV to Dr. Aude Pommeret at firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Contract duration is for one year and can be renewed subject to performance. For more information, please email Dr. Aude Pommeret. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Research Assistant in the field of Environmental Economics at the School of Energy and Environment
The appointee shall implement new e-learning tools for an environmental and energy economics course at the third year of the undergraduate curriculum. The new tools consist of social annotations and peer corrections. Notably he/she will deal (i) with the implementation of the e-learning devices and (ii) with the student’s questions and exercises.
Length of appointment
The appointment shall last for three to five months.
The applicant should hold a Master or a Ph.D. degree in economics. Candidates with experience in one or many of the fields listed below are preferred.
- Dynamic modeling
- Environmental economics
Strong oral and written communication skills in English are essential.
(For enquiries, please contact Dr. Aude Pommeret at email, email@example.com
To apply, please submit an online application at http://jobs.cityu.edu.hk
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, especially applicants who will enhance the diversity of our staff.
Most recent publications
- Optimal regime switching and threshold effects: theory and application to a resource extraction problem under irreversibility (with R. Boucekkine, AMSE and F. Prieur, INRA), Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, online 2013.
- On the timing and optimality of capital controls: Public expenditures, debt dynamics and welfare (with R. Boucekkine, AMSE and F. Prieur, INRA), International Journal of Economic Theory, 2013, Vol.9(1), p101-112.
- Optimal emission policy under the risk of irreversible pollution (with Alain Ayong-le-Kama, EQUIPPE, et Fabien Prieur, INRA), Journal of Public Economic Theory, online 2013.
- Double Irreversibility and Environmental Policy Design (with Fabien Prieur, INRA) Journal of Public Economic Theory, 2013, Vol 15(2), p.273–291.
- Technological vs ecological switch and the environmental Kuznets curve (with Raouf Boucekkine, AMSE and Fabien Prieur, INRA), American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2012, 95 (2): 252-260.
- Energy-saving Technology Adoption under Uncertainty in the Residential Sector (with Dorothée Charlier and Alejandro Mosino, U. de Savoie) Annales d’Economie et Statistique, Vol. 103-104, 2011.
- Abatement Technology Adoption under Uncertainty (with Katheline Schubert, PSE) Macroeconomic Dynamics, Vol. 13(4), p. 493-522, 2009.
- Energy saving Technical Progress and Optimal Capital Stock: the Role of Embodiment (with Raouf Boucekkine, IRES-University of Louvain), Economic Modelling, 21,p.429-444,2004.
- Recursive utility, Growth, and the Welfare Cost of Volatility (with Anne Epaulard, IMF), Review of Economic Dynamics, 6(3), p.672-684, 2003.
- Optimally Eating a Stochastic Cake: a Recursive Utility Approach (with Anne Epaulard, IMF), Resource and Energy Economics, 25(2), p.129-139, 2003.
- Fertility, Volatility, and Growth (with William Smith, University of Memphis), Economic Letters , 87(3), p.347-353, 2005.
Introduction à la macroéconomie (with Anne Epaulard, IMF), 2002, La Découverte, Repères, Paris.
Contributions to books
- Embodied technology adoption under uncertainty (with Bruno Cruz, IRES-UCL) in Optimal Control of Age-structured Populations in Economy, Demography, and the Environment, édité par N. Hritonenko, Y. Yatsenko and R. Boucekkine, 2010, Taylor & Francis, 2010
- Subsidizing energy saving capital accumulation: a real option approach, in "Option Valuation for Energy Issues", K.Ostertag, P.Llerena and A.Richard (Eds), Fraunhofer IRB Verlag, 2004.
- Gestion et valorisation des ressources non renouvelables en incertitude (with Anne Epaulard, IMF) in "L'environnement, nouvelle dimension de l'analyse économique", K. Schubert and P. Zagamé (Eds.), Vuibert, 1998.
- Stochastic growth and irreversibility, in "Theory and Methods in Macroeconomics", H.Kempf and J-O. Hairault (Eds), Kluwer, 2001.
Other Research Activities
2008-2011: Scientific director for the PREBAT project on "Greenhouse Gases Emissions Reduction and Energetic Efficiency in Buildings: Economic and Financial Dimensions", linking 5 research teams in economics and one research team in physics. This project is financed by the French Ministry of Ecology and Sustainable Development and Planning.
2010-2011 : Scientific director for IREGE of the ANR CLEANER (ChalLEnges pour l’ANalyse économique de long terme de l’Environnement et des Ressources naturelles) .
2011-2014 : Scientific Director for IREGE of ANR INCERDD (prise en compte des INCertitudes pour des Décisions Durables). The objective of this project is to define and use methods that allow taking into account the uncertainties surrounding decisions for cities management.