This course aims to teach students the practice of multimedia production and project operation. It allows students to participate in the production of media production in different forms and operation of real-world media outlets. It teaches and encourages students to develop and demonstrate abilities to discover and develop innovative technologies and means in multimedia communication. Students will select and work on one or more of the following types of multimedia production:
- production of digital magazines/publications for the Web and such mobile devices as the iPhone and iPad;
- digital photography and digital graphic design and production;
- production of high-definition TV and 3D programs and video projects;
- production of digital radio programming;
- setting up and managing omni-media websites;
- production of TV commercials and advertisements with all digital media technologies.
Students will learn and apply the related skills in media content production and distribution on various multimedia platforms. The scope of the work involved and the multimedia production that the students engage in will be more extensive than the traditional media and will be beneficial to the students in gaining working experience in multimedia production and project management in real-world media settings. Students will work as media professionals on different positions in multimedia outlets, use the digital audio and video equipment to gather information, process information, edit the information into different types of media messages, produce media content in the Chinese and international contexts, and distribute the information through appropriate media outlets. Students will deal with real-life issues and challenges in the multimedia production business and discover and develop innovation communication solutions to various multimedia content presentation and delivery. As any professional media organization would require, students are expected to produce timely and proficient information products in various media formats.