成就及荣誉(Achievements & Professional Services)
所获奖项(Awards and Honours)
• Asia-Pacific Information and Communication Technology Award - Gold Award
• HKSAR Awards for Industry - Silver Product Award
• 国际模式识别学会prestigious Fellow Award
• DEC ALPHA Innovation Award
• Hong Kong Computer Society IT Excellences Award
• Winner of 3rd International Competition for non-commercial software systems in Web-based Education, Chamonix, France
• Prix Ars Electronica, Ars Electronica Festival, Linz, Austria
会议任职(Chair & Co-chair of major international conferences)
• Conference Co-Chair, ACM International conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR), 2012.
• Conference Co-Chair, 39th Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology, 2011.
• Conference Chair, Guangdong, Hong Kong, Macao Conference on IT in Education, 2008.
• Conference Co-Chair. Pacific Rim Conference on Multimedia (PCM2007), 2007.
• Co-Chair, Technical Track on Cognitive Approaches & Soft Computing, 18th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, ICPR'06, 2006.
• Co-Chair, Programme Committee, IEEE International Conference on Multimedia & Expo (ICME 2005), 2005.
• Co-Chair, Programme Committee, Chinagraph, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012.
国际期刊编委(Editorial Board of International Journals)
• International Journal on Multimedia Retrieval (Springer-Verlag) – Founding member
• IEEE Transactions on Multimedia
• Pattern Recognition (Elsevier)
主题演讲及讲座(Keynote and Invited Talks)
• Horace H S Ip, “Semantic Learning and Representation with Spatial Markov Kernels for image annotation and categorization”, SPIE 6th Int. Symp. On Multispectral Image Processing and Pattern Recognition (MIPPR 2009).
• Horace H S Ip, “Web-based Education in a New Era”, Catholic Education Office, 8th November 2008.
• Horace H S Ip, “Emergent Applications of ‘Statistical Models’ in Media Computing”, 2nd Beijing-Hong Kong International PhD Forum 2007.
• Horace H S Ip, “Pedagogical Use of Advanced Technologies in Formal and Special Education”, CityU Teachers’ Update Course, August 2006.
• Horace H S Ip, “Content-based Retrieval of 3D models: Feature extraction and representation”, Proceedings of 11th Multimedia Modelling Conference (MMM2005), 2005, Australia.
• Horace H S Ip, “Visual Computing in Arts and Media Retrieval”, 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Multimedia Computing and Networking (IMMCN 2003) and 7th Joint Conference on Information Science (JCIS2003), pp. 1283-1285, North Carolina, USA.
研究项目(Research topics and projects)
• Smart Ambience Therapy (SAT)
• Body Brush and Body Baton
• Smart Ambience Learning
- ·Q. Zhao, Horace H.-S. Ip, “Unsupervised approximate-semantic vocabulary learning for human action and video classification”, Pattern Recognition Letters, 2013, 34(15): 1870-1878.
- ·R. C. Li, Horace H.-S. Ip, “AIMtechKinect: A kinect based interaction-oriented gesture recognition system designed for students with severe intellectual disabilities”, International Conference on Computer-Aided Design and Computer Graphics (CAD/Graphics), 2013: 322-329.
- ·Horace H.-S. Ip, J. Byrne, K. S.-Y. Lau, R. C. Li, A. Tso, C. Choi, “Interactive sensory program for affective learning (InSPAL): An innovative learning program combining interactive media and virtual reality for severely intellectually disabled students”, International Conference on Hybrid Learning and Continuing Education (ICHL), 2013: 199-207.
- ·P. Du, Horace H.-S. Ip, B. Hua, J. Feng, “Using surface variability characteristics for segmentation of deformable 3D objects with application to piecewise statistical deformable model”, The Visual Computer, 2012, 28(5): 493-509.
- ·B. Pan, J. J. Xia, P. Yuan, J. Gateno, Horace H.-S. Ip, Q. He, Philip K. M. Lee, B. Chow, X. Zhou, “Incremental kernel ridge regression for the prediction of soft tissue deformations”, Medical Image Computing and Computer-Assisted Intervention, 2012, 1: 99-106.
- ·Z. Fu, H. Lu, Horace H.-S. Ip, Z. Lu, “Modalities consensus for multi-modal constraint propagation”, ACM Multimedia, 2012: 773-776.
- ·Horace H.-S. Ip, Y. Rui (Eds.), “International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval”, ICMR’12, Hong Kong, China. ACM 2012.
- ·Ron C.-W. Kwok, S. H. Cheng, Horace H.-S. Ip, Joseph S.-L. Kong, “Design of affectively evocative smart ambient media for learning”, Computers & Education, 2011, 56(1): 101-111.
- ·Z. Lu, Y. Peng, Horace H.-S. Ip, “Combining multiple clusterings using fast simulated annealing”, Pattern Recognition Letters, 2011, 32(15): 1956-1961.
- ·Z. Lu, Horace H.-S. Ip, Y. Peng, “Contextual kernel and spectral methods for learning the semantics of images”, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2011, 20(6): 1739-1750.
- ·Z. Lu, Horace H.-S. Ip, “Spatial markov kernels for image categorization and annotation”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B, 2011, 41(4): 976-989.
- ·Z. Lu, Horace H.-S. Ip, “Automatic image annotation based on generalized relevance models”, Signal Processing Systems, 2011, 65(1): 23-33.
- ·Z. Fu, Z. Lu, Horace H.-S. Ip, Y. Peng, H. Lu, “Symmetric graph regularized constraint propagation”, AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 2011.
- ·Horace H.-S. Ip, J. Byrne, S. H. Cheng, Ron C.-W. Kwok, “The SAMAL model for affective learning: A multidimensional model incorporating the body, mind and emotion in learning”, International Conference on Distributed Multimedia Systems (DMS), 2011: 216-221.
- ·Z. Lu, Y. Peng, Horace H.-S. Ip, “Spectral learning of latent semantics for action recognition”, IEEE International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2011: 1503-1510.
- ·Z. Fu, Horace H.-S. Ip, H. Lu, Z. Lu, “Multi-modal constraint propagation for heterogeneous image clustering”, ACM Multimedia, 2011: 143-152.