Dr Xiaosheng Zhuang received his bachelor's degree and master's degree in mathematics from Sun Yat-Sen (Zhongshan) University, China, in 2003 and 2005, respectively. He received his PhD in applied mathematics from University of Alberta, Canada, in 2010. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow at Universität Osnabrück in 2011 and Technische Universität Berlin in 2012. His research interest includes directional multiscale representation systems, image/signal processing, and compressed sensing.
- Han, B. and Zhuang, X. (2013) Algorithms for matrix extension and orthogonal wavelet filter banks over algebraic number fields. Mathematics of Computation. 82 (281): 459-490.
- King, E. J., Kutyniok, G., and Zhuang, X. (2012) Analysis of inpainting via clustered sparsity and microlocal analysis, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, DOI: 10.1007/s10851-013-0422-y.
- Specktor, S. and Zhuang, X. (2012) Asymptotic Bernstein type inequalities and estimation of wavelet coefficients. Methods and Applications of Analysis. 19 (3): 289-312.
- Kutyniok, G., Shaharm, M., and Zhuang, X. (2012) ShearLab: A rational design of a digital parabolic scaling algorithm. SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences. 5 (4):1291-1332.
- Mo, Q. and Zhuang, X. (2012) Matrix splitting with symmetry and dyadic framelet filter banks over algebraic number fields, Linear Algebra and its Applications. 437(10): 2650-2679.
- Zhuang, X. (2012) Matrix extension with symmetry and construction of biorthogonal multiwavelets with any integer dilation. Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis. 33(2): 159-181.
- Chui, C. K., Han, B. and Zhuang, X. (2012) A dual-chain approach for bottom-up construction of wavelet filters with any dilation. Applied Computational Harmonic Analysis. 33(2): 204-225.
- Han, B. and Zhuang, X. (2011) Algorithms for matrix extension and orthogonal wavelet filter banks over algebraic number fields. Mathematics of Computation. Accepted on Sep. 11, 2011, 31 pages.
- Han, B. and Zhuang, X. (2010) Matrix extension with symmetry and its applications to symmetric orthonormal multiwavelets. SIAM Journal on Mathematical Analysis. 42(5): 2297-2317.
- Han, B. and Zhuang, X. (2009) Analysis and construction of Multivariate interpolating refinable function vectors. Acta Applicandae Mathematicae. 107:143-171.
- Han, B., Kwon, S. G. and Zhuang, X. (2009) Generalized interpolating refinable function vectors. Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics. 227:254-270.
- Zhuang X. and Dai, D. Q. (2007) Improved discriminate analysis for high dimensional data and its application to face recognition. Pattern Recognition. 40: 1570-1578.
- Zhuang X., Dai, D. Q. and Yuen, P. C. (2005) Face recognition by inverse Fisher discriminant features. Lecture notes in Computer Science. 3832:92-98.
- Zhuang X. and Dai, D. Q. (2005) Inverse Fisher discriminate criteria for small sample size problem and its application to face recognition. Pattern Recognition. 38: 2129-2194.