Conditions of Use
All Alumni must accept the Conditions of Use listed out here if they wish to apply for and make use of any of the Alumni Library Services.
- Under the One Patron One Library Privilege Policy, alumni who are currently CityU students and/or serving staff will not be allowed to apply for or renew any Alumni Library Services, including free e-resources services. SCOPE staff/students who are alumni may subscribe to the free e-resources service.
- Holding a valid CityU Alumni Card (issued by the Alumni Relations Office, ARO), is a prerequisite to apply for Library Alumni Services.
- The Library reserves the right not to offer or terminate the Alumni Library Services to any individual based on his/her conduct or past conduct in the Library. For details, please refer to Review Procedures for Applications of Library Services by Alumni and Non-CityU Members
- Alumni subscribing to the Alumni Library Services must abide by the Library Regulations.
- The Alumni Library Services are for the personal use of individual alumnus of the City University of Hong Kong who has subscribed to the Alumni Library Services. Sharing of Alumni Library Services to other subscriber(s) or non-subscriber(s), such as the sharing of the library electronic resources, sharing of login information, or transference of alumni library card, is strictly prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in immediate and permanent termination of the Alumni Library Services and any subscription fee(s) paid will not be refunded.
- Alumni who make use of the Alumni Library e-Resources must abide by the Conditions of Use and Licensing Restrictions for Library-subscribed e-Resources.
- Availability of e-resources is subject to changes consequent on any change in the terms of the license agreements without prior notice.
- The Library will communicate with you via the CityU Alumni Free Email Account unless you have provided your Personal Email Address in AIMS. It is your responsibility to check this email account regularly so as not to miss any emails that the Library sends to you. Failing to read the emails sent to you by the Library does not constitute any excuse for late returning of library items or refusal to pay fines thus incurred.
- Personal data filled out by the applicant on the Alumni Update form and collected by the Library in the service subscription process will be passed to the CityU Alumni Relations Office (ARO) to update their alumni records for the purpose of developing alumni services and relations. Personal data will be kept confidential. If you want to change your personal data in the future, please access Alumni Relations Office homepage and select Alumni Update to make the necessary amendments. ARO will update your record in 2 weeks and the amended data will then be passed back to the Library. If you wish not to receive any direct marketing materials or communications from the University, you can unsubscribe through the University's Administrative Information Management System (AIMS) under the Personal Information page.
- All fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable, and cannot be used for settlement of other services or fines.
- The Library reserves the right to change the charging scheme and fees without prior notifications to the users. The Library has the final discretion on any dispute that may arise.
- Subscription fees paid cannot be transferred or used for the subscription of another service package. In other words, switching from Alumni Library Services (Reader) to Alumni Library Services (Borrower), or vice versa, will result in automatic forfeiture of the fee balance left in the former subscription and under no circumstances can the fee balance be refunded or applied to the subscription of another service.