Food and Drink Policy
The Food and Drink Policy is designed to protect the Library's collections, equipment, and facilities and to maintain a pleasant, comfortable and pest-free environment for our users.
- Food is not permitted in the Library.
- Only water and non-alcoholic beverages in acceptable* spill-proof containers may be consumed in the Library. Library staff members reserve the right to determine
which drink items are acceptable within the Library.
- Users are requested to dispose of all trash properly and clean up any spills right away.
- Users not complying with these policies will be asked to take the food or drink away or to leave the Library.
Acceptable containers include:
- Sports bottles with a drinking spout that can be closed
- Spill-proof mugs with secure lids and a drinking hole that can be closed
- Capped plastic bottles
Containers that are NOT considered acceptable include:
- Open cups or mugs
- Aluminum cans
- Glass bottles
- Paper or Styrofoam or Plastic cups with or without lids
- Beverage cartons