Policies and Rules for Reserving Oval & Information Space Workstations
- All available time slots are reserved on a first come, first served
- You can reserve a time slot three days in advance, or four
days ahead if on Friday.
- Each reserved session is one hour long.
All sessions start at every hour sharp, e.g. 09:00, 19:00.
- The total number of time slots that can be reserved at any one time
is limited to
- Each student will be given an annual reservation quota of 300 hours.
Extra reservation hours will be given to students subject to the
approval of their course/project supervisors.
- Reservation system access will be denied if your Electronic ID
- A reserved time slot cannot be shared or transferred among students.
- Booking hours are from 09:00 to 23:00 everyday.
A user with valid reservation who shows up within the first 15
minutes has the right to request another user
who is using the reserved workstation to log out.
If you reserve a workstation, you must show up within the first 15
minutes. Otherwise, the reservation will automatically become invalid.
The workstation will be released to another user on a
first-come-first-served basis and you will not be able to reclaim the
workstation as mentioned in point 9.
Despite the booking system, occupying workstations and seats with unattended properties (including library books) for more than 30 minutes* will still be considered as improper reservation. As such, the new user can seek help from Library staff at respective counter to log out the workstation concerned. Users should NEVER logout workstations occupied by others themselves.
*Over 60 minutes from 12:00 to 13:30