Promote the image of CityU and help it recruit high-quality students and staff.
- Raise awareness of and promote the CityU brand (i.e. excellence in professional education and applied research) by publicizing the activities and achievements of students, staff, the University and alumni.
- Strengthen relations with the media (and government and other external bodies) and make use of the media (and others) to publicize CityU news and achievements.
- Help recruit quality students through raising awareness of, and cultivating loyalty to, CityU among secondary students.
- Improve internal communication through the Bulletin, Linkage, Plasma TV-broadcast, the Web, forums and other channels.
- Manage and utilize communication tools and advise management, faculties and departments on their publicity strategies to present the best of CityU to the public.
- Foresee, prevent and manage issues and crises that may hurt the University's image.