Upon successful completion of this minor, students should be able to:
1. Recognise key theories and concepts in urban policy and urban studies.
2. Explain and assess contemporary processes of urbanization and the major challenges for urban policy, with particular reference to Hong Kong and the Mainland.
3. Explain policy and planning responses to the management of key urban problems.
4. Identify and explain the institutional and organisational arrangement of the planning and housing system in Hong Kong.
5. Identify and assess the major issues in transport policy, with particular reference to Hong Kong.
6. Explain the economic and social significance of housing, locally and internationally.