About the Scheme
- To be eligible for the award, candidates should be full-time faculty members of the University for at least one year at the time of application , and hold an appointment of not less than one year from the anticipated date of the award.
- There are two categories of Awards:
- (a) Outstanding Research Award - To be eligible for the award, candidates should be full-time regular CityU faculty at Chair Professor rank or below.
- (b) Outstanding Research Award for Junior Faculty – To be eligible for the award, candidates should be full-time regular CityU faculty at Associate Professor rank or below at the time when he/she is nominated.
- A candidate can only be nominated for either (a) or (b) of the above awards at the same year.
- Candidates who are recipients of the same award in the previous three years will not be eligible.
- Total 5 awards for Outstanding Research Awards and Outstanding Research Awards for Junior Faculty will be given every year.
- Each winner will be given a trophy, a cash award of HK$15,000 and a research grant of HK$150,000.