Frequently Asked Questions for UGC T & L Projects
The UGC T & L Projects
Frequently Asked Questions
- What happens to the on-going UGC T&L project when the PI leaves CityU?
PI should approach his/her Department Head for a nomination and endorsement of a new PI and notify the Office of EDGE in writing.
- Can the expiration date of a UGC project be extended?
If the PI plans to extend the project expiration date, he/she should provide the justification and supporting documents to the Office of EDGE. EDGE colleagues will advise PI about the administrative arrangements and prepare supporting documents.
- Is it feasible to raise a request of budget virement (e.g. from “General Expense” to “Staffing”)?
If the PI decides to have a budget virement, he/she should provide the justification and supporting document to the Office of EDGE. EDGE colleagues will advise the PI about the administrative arrangements and prepare supporting documents.
- What should the PI do if there is a change of project team members (e.g. having a new Co-I)?
The PI should send a request to the Office of EDGE with the recommended Co-I’s resume.
- What is the main concern for the UGC to approve the project changes?
With the spirit of running the approved projects as planned, the UGC emphasizes that the deliverables and the project timeline should be kept unchanged. Also, the PI should provide strong justifications about the proposed changes.
- Is it feasible for the PI to transfer the budget from one UGC T&L project to other projects?
Budget transfer among projects is not allowed.
- If the PI would like to have publication or organize activities (e.g. poster, seminars, etc.), how does the PI acknowledge the funding body?
Please quote “This project is funded by the University Grants Committee's Funding Scheme for Teaching and Learning Related Initiatives”.
- When can the PI start recruitment or purchase?
The project implementation can start after the Finance Office assigns a project account code.