Long Feng obtained his PhD in Statistics from Rutgers University in 2017 and BSc in Statistics and Mathematics from Renmin University of China in 2012. Before Joining CityU, he was a Postdoctoral Associate at Yale University. His main research interests is on statistical machine learning, with an emphasis on image data analysis and variable selection.
- Bi, Xuan. , Feng, Long. , Li, Cai. & Zhang, Heping. (in press). Modeling Pregnancy Outcomes through Sequentially Nested Regression Models. Journal of American Statistical Association.
- Feng, Long. , Bi, Xuan. & Zhang, Heping. (2020). Brain Regions Identified as Being Associated with Verbal Reasoning through the Use of Imaging Regression via Internal Variation. Journal of American Statistical Association. doi:10.1080/01621459.2020.1766468
- Bi, Xuan. , Feng, Long. , Wang, Shiying. , Lin, Zijie. , Li, Tengfei. , Zhao, Bingxin. , Zhu, Hongtu. & Zhang, Heping. (2019). Common genetic variants have associations with human cortical brain regions and risk of schizophrenia. Genetic Epidemiology. 43/5. 548 - 558. doi:10.1002/gepi.22203
- Feng, Long. & Zhang, Cun-Hui. (2019). Sorted Concave Penalized Regression. Annals of Statistics. 47/6. 3069 - 3098. doi:10.1214/18-AOS1759
- Feng, Long. & Dicker, Lee. H. (2018). Approximate nonparametric maximum likelihood for mixture models: A convex optimization approach to fitting arbitrary multivariate mixing distributions. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis. 122. 80 - 91. doi:10.1016/j.csda.2018.01.006Get
- Feng, Long. , Ma, Ruijun. & Dicker, Lee. H. (2017). Nonparametric Maximum Likelihood Approximate Message Passing. 51st Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS). (pp. 1 - 6). doi:10.1109/CISS.2017.7926084
- I am actively looking for PhD students interested in statistical machine learning, image data analysis and high-dimensional statistics. Candidates with strong mathematical or computing skills are welcome to apply.
Last update date :
10 Nov 2021