Dr. Chaoliang Tan is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering at City University of Hong Kong, HKSAR, China. His current research interests mainly focus on the following three directions at CityU: (1) Growth of 2D tellurium-based materials (e.g., nanoflakes, thin films and their Van der Waals heterostructures) for electronics (transistors, circuits, memory devices and synaptic transistors) and optoelectronics (e.g., photodetectors and imaging sensor systems). (2) Structural engineering (e.g., defect, phase, interlayer distance, etc.) of layered nanomaterials (e.g., TMDs, layered metal oxides and LDHs) for biomedical applications (e.g., cancer therapy and antibacterial). (3) Fabrication of 2D material-based flexible energy and sensing devices and their integrated wearable self-powered sensing systems. He had also worked on the preparation and applications of novel 2D materials and their functional composites. He has authored or co-authored over 140 SCI papers. More than 50 of them are first author or corresponding author papers, including Nat. Nanotechnol., Nat. Rev. Mater., Chem. Rev., Chem. Soc. Rev., Nat. Commun., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., Adv. Funct. Mater., ACS Nano, Nano-Micro Lett. and Small. The total citation of his published papers is over 21,000 with a H-index of 65. He has been listed as the “Highly Cited Researcher” (Top 1%, Clarivate Analytics) in last four years (2018-2021) as well as “Top 2% Scientists in the world” in Engineering by Stanford University in last two years (2020-2021). He also received the NSFC Excellent Young Scientist Fund (HK & Macau) in 2021.
Awards and Achievements
- 2022 “Rising Star” Small.
- 2022 “ World Top 100,000 Scientists” www.globalauthorid.com.
- 2021 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2021 “Top 2% Scientists in the world in Engineering” Stanford Unviersity. [URL]
- 2021 “NSFC Excellent Young Scientist Fund (HK & Macau)” NSFC.
- 2021 “Rising Star Lecturer” Hong Kong Institute of Advanced Study.
- 2021 “Emerging Investigators” Journal of Materials Chemistry A.
- 2020 “Top 2% Scientists in the world in Engineering” Stanford Unviersity. [URL]
- 2020 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2019 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics. [URL]
- 2018 “Highly Cited Researcher” Clarivate Analytics.
- 2016 “MSE Doctorate Research Excellence Award” Nanyang Technological University.
- 2016 “Best Poster Award” International Conference on Electronic Materials, Singapore.
- 2015 “Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad” Chinese government.
Last update date :
07 Jun 2022