Recruitment of Residence Tutor 2019/20
STUDENT RESIDENCE OFFICE
High-caliber PG and senior UG students, with a heart in providing pastoral care to fellow residents and dedication in serving the Hall, are warmly invited to submit application for the voluntary service as Residence Tutor (RT) in 2019/20.
Scope of Service and Roles
Reporting to the Residence Master (RM), the Residence Tutor is expected to perform the following key roles:
1. act as a mentor and cultivate a sense of harmonious community in respective suite/floor/hall;
2. assist residents¡¦ (including Residence Asso¡¦s) planning and organizing hall activities to enrich hall life;
3. enforce hall discipline and residents¡¦ compliance to Hall Rules and Regulations in the SR;
4. support the RM in upholding orderly hall operation and handling caring, disciplinary and emergent cases;
5. act as a Duty Tutor on roster basis and submit leave plan if any with respective RM;
6. perform other duties and services as requested by the RM and DSR.
Service Period 2019/20
RT is expected and required to serve a whole residential year from 1 August 2019 to 15 July 2020.
Full-time PG & UG senior-year students normally possessing a CGPA of 3.0 or above, including:
¡P nominative 4-year undergraduate students: have completed a minimum of 60 credit units
¡P 4-year undergraduate Advanced Standing I students: have completed a minimum of 30 credit units
¡P 4-year undergraduate Advanced Standing II students
As a diverse community, the RM in forming his/her RT team will consider the qualities of the applicants and the overall balance of the RT team to meet the needs of the hall. As a rule of thumb, the applicants are expected to be mature, outgoing with pleasant personalities; possessing a caring attitude, effective communication skills and good organization abilities; passionate on cross-cultural teamwork and commitment to solve tough hall issues/problems. Past experience in hall residence is an advantage.
Applicants interested in RT position are expected to:
✔Give consent to SRO in obtaining one¡¦s CGPA and
approaching referee directly on one¡¦s suitability as RT
✔Move-in on 1 August 2019
✔Attend RT Training Camp on 23 ¡V 24 or 30 - 31 August 2019, and
✔Attend RT Composite Workshops in September 2019.
Ø fill and submit the online application form (click here) before 8 April 2019. Late submission will not be entertained.
Ø 19 Apr - 5 May 2019 (shortlisted candidate will be invited for interview)
Ø mid-Jun to late-Jun 2019
a. The data so collected for RT application is in full compliance with Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
b. Shortlisted applicants by RM will be invited for an interview, including Skype interview if necessary.
c. For enquiry, please email to .