Visiting Hours, Security & Visitor Control
- The "visiting hours" of all halls are from 8:00am to 12:00 midnight.
Prior written approval must be obtained from the Student Residence Office if you intend to arrange a visit from an external organization or the media.
Security and visitor control:
- To avoid illegal access by borrowing student ID cards from someone else and to ensure your safety, residents have to place their student ID cards on the reader system of the hall. This will display the photographs of the residents.
- Show your appreciative cooperation when our security staff come to check your student ID cards. They are authorized to do so to ensure the general safety of our residence community.
- Host residents are held responsible for the behavior of their visitors. Be a responsible host and engage visitors' understanding and cooperation in the following registration procedures:
- Visitors with CityU student ID cards: they are required to place their student ID cards on the pair-up reader system and complete their registration with their hosts. Residents are required to come down to the hall lobby to complete a proper registration with their visitors at the security counter of your hall.
- Non-CityU visitors: residents as hosts are invited to come down to the hall lobby to receive their visitors. The host are required to complete a proper registration with your visitors through the pair-up reader system at the security counter of the hall. Non-CityU visitors are required to produce their identity documents e.g. HKID cards. A visitor card will be given to Non-CityU visitors for the pairing up procedures with their host.
- Visitors are requested to show identity and beep cards at the security counter of the hall.