- Towards the Pragmatic and Peaceful Resolution of the Sino-Indian Boundary Dispute: A Multidisciplinary Study General Research Fund (GRF) 2017, Dr Fozia Nazir Lone (PI, City University of Hong Kong), Project Fund – HK$715,024 000 + HK$ $ 35,751 (City University Reward), Total –HK$ 750,775; Dr Fozia Lone (PI); Co-I- Professor Carty (Tsinghua University, China) and Dr Sze Lok Leung (The University of Hong Kong); Duration 36 Months. (1 Jan 2018 -31 Dec 2020).
- The Peaceful Settlement of the Sino-Indian Boundary Dispute: A Pragmatic Multidisciplinary Framework, Strategic Research Grant (Internal Support Funding for unfunded GRF, City University of Hong Kong), 01-October 2016-30 September 2018; Dr Fozia Nazir Lone (PI); Professor Acharya Alka (Co-I, Jawaharlal University, India) Budget: HKD 100,000 (Project No 7004791)
- Is Indus Water Treaty of 1960 Outdated: A Multidisciplinary Study of Power, Principles and Politics General Research Fund (GRF) 2015, Dr Fozia Nazir Lone (PI, City University of Hong Kong), Co-I - Professor Daanish Mustafa (King’s College London, the UK) and Professor Chen Huiping (Xiamen University, China). Project Fund – HK$521,000 + HK$ 26,050 (City University Reward), Total –HK$ 547,050: Duration 36 Months. (1 Nov 2015-31 October 2018).
- China’s Rise, Is India A Contender on the Doorstep? New Asian Paradigms for the Discipline of International law’, School Strategic Grant, City University of Hong Kong, 1 August 2015 – 30 April 2017; Dr Fozia Nazir Lone (PI); Professor Alka Acharya (Co-I, Jawaharlal University, India) Budget: HKD 99, 996.80
- The Indian Pre-colonial Approaches to International Law: An Application of the New Haven School of Jurisprudence, Start-up Grant for New Faculty Grant Application 2011, Dr. Fozia Nazir Lone (Principal Investigator) Budget HKD 100,000
- The Science and Humanities of Vision, Interdisciplinary Professional Development Awards, 2011, Dr. J. A. Zapien (AP) (Principal Investigator); Dr. H. Rodriguez (SCM); Prof. F. Cucker (MA); Dr. Fozia Nazir Lone (SLW) (Co-Investigators) Budget: 250,000 HKD
- New Paradigms for the Discipline of International Law in China and India as Rising Powers, The University of Hong Kong, Research Grant Application (Seed Funding Programme for Basic Research), 2010 PI: Professor Carty; Co-Investigator: Dr. Fozia Nazir Lone Budget:240,000 HKD.
- Palestine and Kashmir: A Failure of Nerve at the End of Imperial Administration, The Carnegie Trust Award, (The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland) 2009
- Title: Restoration of Historical Title of Kashmir: Archival Research form 1935-40, The Carnegie Trust Award, (The Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland) 2007
- F. N. Lone, (2018) Historical Title, Self-Determination and the Kashmir Question (Leiden: Brill/ Nijhoff: Brill’s Asian Law Series) https://brill.com/abstract/title/33127
- Lone, Fozia. Nazir, Kung Olivia, McCoy, Kim, (eds), Hong Kong Tort Law Cases, (Hong Kong: Wolters Kulwer) 2017.
- F. N. Lone, Tort Law in Hong Kong (Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands: Kluwer Law International, Dec 2016.
- F. N. Lone, Hong Kong Tort Law: Texts, Cases and Ordinances, (pp1371), Lexis Nexis (Oct. 2014).
- F. N. Lone, (2014) ‘Extraterritorial Human Rights Violations and Irresponsible Sovereign Financing’ in Juan Pablo Bohoslavsky and Jernej Letnar Černič ‘Making Sovereign Financing and Human Rights Work’ Hart Publications pp 233-249
- F. N Lone (Oct 2013), ‘Rule of Law: Tort Law Perspective, in G Wang and Yan Fan (eds) ‘The Rule of Law: A Comparative Perspective’. City University of Hong Kong Press, Hong Kong, pp 183-196
- F. N. Lone, (2012) ‘Counter Piracy in the Indian Subcontinent: The Indian Perspective’, in Charles H. Norchi et Gwenaële Proutière-Maulion Piracy in Comparative Perspective: Problems, Strategies, Law (Paris : Pedone ; Oxford, Hart, 2012) 161-187 (Chapter 8)
- F. N. Lone, ‘An International Law Perspective on the ‘One Country, Two Systems’ Model and Political Reform in Hong Kong’ Max Plank Yearbook of United Nations Law, 2018 (Accepted for publication, Forthcoming).
- F. N. Lone (2018) ‘The Yale School’, Oxford Bibliographies Online: International Law, Oxford University Press (Accepted for publication, forthcoming)
- F. N. Lone (Oct 2017), ‘The Hong Kong Occupy Injunction Cases: A Critical Appraisal on Competing Public and Private Rights’ in Vienna Journal on International Constitutional Law, Volume 11, Issue 4, Pages 507–539, ISSN (Online) 1995-5855
- F. N. Lone, ‘The Enigma of the Hong Kong Injunction Cases- A Perspective on Political Question Doctrine, Separation of Powers, Rule of Law and Universal Suffrage’ in Vienna Journal on International Constitutional Law, Vol 10, 1/2016, 3- 29.
- F. N Lone (March 2014), Edict in Pre-Colonial India: An Analysis from the New Haven Perspective’, Beijing Law Review, Vol.5 No.1, pp 90-101.
- F. N. Lone (April 2012) ‘Uti Possidetis Iuris’ Oxford Bibliographies Online: International Law, Oxford University Press.
- T. Carty & F. N Lone (2011), Some New Haven International Law Reflections on China, India and Their Various Territorial Disputes, 2011 Asia Pacific Law Review, Vol. 19, No 1, 93-111. (ISI/SCOPUS Cited)
- F. N. Lone (2010) ‘R. Kidner, Casebook on Torts (10th ed, Oxford: OUP, 2008)’, City University of Hong Kong Law Review, Vol. 2, Number 1, 205-207.
- F. N. Lone (2009) ‘The Creation Story of Kashmiri People: The Right to Self-Determination’ Denning Law Journal, Vol 21, pp 1-25.
- F. N. Lone (2009) ‘From ‘Sale to Accession Deed’ - Scanning the Historiography of Kashmir 1846-1947’, History Compass, 7/6 1496–1508.
- F. N. Lone (Oct-Dec 2007), Information Held Prisoner: Freedom of Information & Public Records Act Kashmir Affairs (London) Vol. 2, No. 4, 62-72.
- F. N. Lone (Jan- Mar 2007) A Secure and Sustained Solution for Kashmir: National Unity and Reconciliation Kashmir Affairs (London) Vol. 2, No. 1, 49-55.
- Fozia Lone, ‘Moshe Hirsch, Invitation to the Sociology of International Law’ Chinese Journal of International Law (2017) 16 (1): 129-132.
- Fozia Lone, ‘Uriya Shavit, Sharia and Muslim Minorities (OUP 2015) Chinese Journal of International Law. (Forthcoming, 2017)
- Fozia Lone, Noam Lubell, Extraterritorial Use of Force Against Non-State Actors (Oxford: OUP, 2010) ISBN 978-0-19-958484-0, International Law Observer, 14, August 2012
- Fozia Lone, Democracy Goes to War – British Military Deployments under International Law, (Oxford: OUP, 2009), International Law Observer, 19th April 2010.
- Fozia Lone, Solon Solomon, The Justiciability of International Disputes – The Advisory Opinion of Israel’s Security Fence as a Case Study (Jerusalem: Wolf Legal Publishers, 2009) ISBN: 978-90-5850-437-1, International Law Observer, 3rd August 2010.
Selected Newspaper Articles
More than 50 newspaper articles in newspapers from 2001 to 2015 on legal and political topics including:
- Democracy in Stages, South China Morning Post, May 13, 2016
- Indo-China: Territorial and Water Clashes, Greater Kashmir, 16 August 2015
- Interview Broadcast, RTHK, 22 March 2013, 7pm
- Interview with Ming Pao on Women’s Rights 3 March 2013
- Interview - Ming Yeung, The hunter and the hunted, China Daily, Mar 7 2012
- Jalil Andrabi case and the trial thereof, Greater Kashmir, 22 May 2011
- Interview: Danger Lurks at Home, China Daily Hong Kong Edition, 30 -31th January 2010
- Interview: Forum Charts paths to Legal Enlightenment, South China Morning Post, 17 December 2009, A15
- Election Boycott in J&K: Failures of Hurriyat and Indian Rhetoric, Kashmir Times, 16 January 2009.
- What a Way to Annihilate History! Greater Kashmir, 26 February 2008.
- Facts we must not ignore Greater Kashmir, 17 September 2007.
- Amidst peace and politics Greater Kashmir, 16 August 2006.
- Plight of Prisoners in present turmoil Greater Kashmir, 24 March 2002
- What Makes a Person Delinquent Kashmir Images, 19 October 2001
Summer Research Project – ‘Kashmir Flooding 2014 and the Indus Water Treaty (IWT) of 1960: A Review’, Conducted at the host institution of University of Kashmir (India) - Department of Law, 22 June 2015 to 31 July 2015.
This research was concluded by organising a symposium on ‘The Indus Water Treaty (IWT) 1960 and its Effect on State of Jammu & Kashmir: A Multidisciplinary Post-Flooding Dialogue ’,4 August 2015, Conference Room, the Department of Law, Kashmir University
SELECTED CONFERENCE CONTRIBUTIONS
- Paper presentation (2015) in ‘The Occupy Central Movement and its Aftermaths: An Interdisciplinary Study’ 18-19 September 2015, City University of Hong Kong, Centre for Chinese and Comparative law & Asia Pacific Law Review’
- Paper presentation (2015) in Leiden Journal of International Law Symposium on ‘The Changing Role of Scholarship in International Law’ 11 May 2015, The Hague, The Hague Institute of Global Justice
- Paper presentation (2015) in ‘International Conference on The Rule of Law in a Globalized Environment’ 31 March to 1 April 2015, Hong Kong (City University of Hong Kong, Centre for Judicial Education and Research)
- Paper presentation (2013) on ‘Caught in Crossfire: Women, Conflict and Kashmir’, International Women’s Day – Protecting and Promoting Women’s rights, 7 March 2013,Room IX, Palais Des Nations (Geneva) Switzerland.
- Paper presented (2012)- Law in Pre-Colonial India: A New Haven Analysis, The 4th Conference on Contemporary Legal Problems: The New Haven School of Thought from a Comparative Perspective, 5-6 October 2012 (School of Law, City University of Hong Kong)
- Paper Presentation (2011), Indian Territorial Disputes: The New Haven Perspective, Policy Sciences Center, Yale Law School, New Haven, United States, 13-15 October 2011.
- Presentation (2011) Orville H Schell, Jr Center for International Human Rights, Yale Law School, United States, 14 Oct 2011. Title: Human Rights in Kashmir.
- Polycom Lecture (2011) ‘State Transformation in International Law Kashmir A Case Study’ Lecture via Polycom for International Law Society, School of Law, University of Maine (United States), 7th April 2011.
- Polycom Lecture (2011), “Eastphalia Rising’, Lecture via Polycom to International Law Class, School of Law, University of Maine (United States), 20th January 2011
- Paper presentation (2010) The Indian Observational Standpoint to International Territorial Situations: Kashmir, Tibet and the McMahon Line, The 2nd International Conference on the New Haven School, School of Law, City University of Hong Kong, 23-24 November 2010
- Polycom Lecture (2010) State Transformation: Kashmir in International Law, Inaugural Lecture via Polycom for International Law Society, School of Law, University of Maine (United States), 8th October 2010
- Paper Presentation (2008) Restoration of Historical Title and the Kashmir Question: An International Legal Appraisal, Legal Research Society, University of Aberdeen, 28 November 2008.
- Paper Presentation (2007) Restoration of the Historical Title: State Continuity and Succession: Revisiting Kashmir Case within International Law, Legal Research Society, University of Aberdeen, 15 May 2007.
- Paper presentation (2007), Kashmiri Peoples Will to Decide: Right to Self-Determination and Plebiscite, Workshop on the Constitutional and International Legal Consequences of a Referendum on Scottish Independence, University of Aberdeen, School of Law, 12 May 2007.
- Paper Presentation (2006) For the Purposes of Right to Self-determination how does one Define People in Context of Kashmir, College of Art and Social Science Conference, 28 Jun 2006.