Prof. Chuangyin Dang received his PhD degree (Cum Laude) in Operations Research/Mathematical Economics from Tilburg University of the Netherlands in 1991, MSc degree in Applied Mathematics from Xidian University of China in 1986 and BSc degree in Computational Mathematics from Shanxi University of China in 1983. He is currently Professor of Systems Engineering and Engineering Management at City University of Hong Kong. Prior to this, Prof. Dang held faculty positions at the University of California at Davis, Delft University of Technology and Auckland University, and was research fellow at the Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics of Yale University. Prof. Dang's research focuses on systems modeling, analysis and optimization. He is best known for the developments of the D1-triangulation of the Euclidean space and simplicial and fixed-point iterative methods for integer programming. Due to his significant contributions, Prof. Dang received the award of outstanding research achievements of the year from Tilburg University of The Netherlands in 1990 and invited to give talks at such universities as Cornell University, Stanford University, the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor, the University of Minnesota at Minneapolis, and to work as Research Fellow at Yale University in 1994. Prof. Dang has published over 130 papers in journals including Mathematical Programming, Mathematics of Operations Research, SIAM Journal on Optimization, Computational Optimization and Applications, European Journal of Operational Research, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, IEEE Transactions on Computers, IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation, IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Computation, Neural Networks, and Pattern Recognition.
Awards and Honors
- Second-Prize Ministry Award for Progresses in Science and Technology, Ministry of Electronic Industries of China, China, 1993
- Outstanding Research Achievements Award of the Year (Cash Prize of Two Thousand Guilders), Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 1990
- Y. Chen and C. Dang. A differentiable homotopy method to compute perfect equilibria, Mathematical Programming (Published online (2019): https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-019-01422-y)
- Y. Zhan and C. Dang. A smooth homotopy method for incomplete markets, Mathematical Programming (Published online (2020): https://doi.org/10.1007/s10107-020-01551-9)
- Y. Wang, L. Li, and C. Dang. Calibrating classification probabilities with shape-restricted polynomial regression IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 41(8): 1813-1827, 2019.
- F. Li, Y. Qian, J. Wang, C. Dang, and L. Jing. Clustering ensemble based on sample’s stability, Artificial Intelligence 273: 37-55, 2019.
- Y. Chen and C. Dang. An extension of quantal response equilibrium and determination of perfect equilibrium, Games and Economic Behavior (Published online (2018): https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geb.2017.12.023)
- Y. Wang, S. Wang, C. Dang, and W. Ge. Stochastic partial frontier analysis based on concave nonparametric quantile regression, European Journal of Operational Research 232(4): 671-678, 2014.
- C. Dang. Simplicial methods for approximating fixed points with applications in combinatorial optimization, Handbook of Combinatorial Optimization, 2nd Edition, Editors-in-Chief: P. Pardalos, D.-Z. Du, and R. Graham, Springer, pp. 3015-3056, 2013.
- L. Bai, J. Liang, C. Dang, and F. Cao. The impact of cluster representatives on the convergence of the K-modes type clustering, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence 35(6): 1509-1522, 2013.
- Z. Zhu, C. Dang, and Y. Ye. A FPTAS for computing a symmetric Leontief competitive economy equilibrium, Mathematical Programming 131 (1-2): 113-129, 2012.
- X. Liu and C. Dang. Stability analysis of positive switched linear systems with delays, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control 56 (7): 1684-1690, 2011.
- Y. Qian, J. Liang, W. Pedrycz, and C. Dang. Positive approximation: an accelerator for attribute reduction in rough set theory, Artificial Intelligence 174: 597-618, 2010.
- C. Dang. An arbitrary starting homotopy-like simplicial algorithm for computing an integer point in a class of polytopes, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics 23: 609-633, 2009.
- C. Dang and L. Xu. A Lagrange multiplier and Hopfield-type barrier function method for the traveling salesman problem, Neural Computation 14: 303-324, 2002.
- C. Dang and H. van Maaren. A simplicial approach to the determination of an integer point of a simplex, Mathematics of Operations Research 23: 403-415, 1998.
- C. Dang. Triangulations and Simplicial Methods, Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems 421, Springer-Verlag, 196 Pages, 1995.
- C. Dang. The D2*-triangulation for continuous deformation algorithms to compute solutions of nonlinear equations, SIAM Journal on Optimization 3: 784-799, 1993.
- C. Dang. The D2-triangulation for simplicial homotopy algorithms for computing solutions of nonlinear equations, Mathematical Programming 59: 307-324, 1993.
- C. Dang. The D1-triangulation of Rn for simplicial algorithms for computing solutions of nonlinear equations, Mathematics of Operations Research 16: 148-161, 1991.
Last modified on 1 September, 2020