CITY UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG
The Department of Accountancy
Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships for DIRECT Entrants
Commencing 2008/2009 academic year, the Department of Accountancy has established a scholarship scheme “The Department of Accountancy Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships for DIRECT Entrants” by using the available funding in the Non-UGC Reserves (Departmental). The following regulations shall apply as of 2022/2023:
(1) The Scholarships shall be known as “The Department of Accountancy Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships for DIRECT Entrants”.
(2) Eligible applicants for the Scholarships shall be full-time undergraduate freshmen who have been admitted to the Department’s undergraduate programmes through the Non-JUPAS route and who have achieved outstanding academic achievements which is judged to be equivalent to either HKDSE score  at 25 or above, or other local, Mainland or overseas academic results acceptable to the Department for this purpose and have demonstrable record in merits or achievements.
(3) A maximum of FOUR awards will be available for each academic year. Value of no more than TWO Scholarships shall be awarded up to a maximum of HK$30,000 each per annum. Value of no more than TWO Scholarships shall be awarded HK$5,000 each per annum.
(4) The Scholarships shall be automatically renewed each year on condition that a scholarship recipient has achieved a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) at 3.2 or above by the end of Semester B each year and he/she enrolls in the same programme of study throughout the award period.
(5) Applicants who receive the “CityU Scholarships for Hong Kong Talents” are not eligible for the Scholarships.
(6) In the event that the number of qualified applicants is larger than the number of awards available, the Department of Accountancy has the discretion to decide the award winners according to other additional criteria set by the Department.
(7) For each academic year, the scholarship amount shall be disbursed to the duly registered recipients by two equal installments, one after the full payment of tuition fee for Semester A by December, and the other after the full payment of tuition fee for Semester B by March of the following calendar year.
(8) Nominations by the Department of Accountancy shall reach the Student Development Services on or before the end of November of the academic year for which the Scholarships are designated.
(9) The Department of Accountancy reserves the right to withhold the number of nominees.
(10) The Scholarships shall be offered annually until further notice is received from the Department of Accountancy.
With an objective to nurture our students and to promote caring culture, the Community Relations Committee of the University Council has recommended that each award recipient is expected to make an annual donation of at least HK$200 to City University of Hong Kong for student support via CityU Alumni Giving Club when they are in employment after graduation. This term has been incorporated into all scholarship/prize/award/bursary schemes, whether they are donated by external donors or contributed by University funding, with effect from February 2008.
 Calculated on the best 5 DSE Level subjects (Scores for DSE subjects : 5** =7, 5*=6, 5=5, 4=4, 3= 3, 2=2)