Organized by the College of Science at CityU, the Science Summer Camp aims to bring together those who plan to embark on PhD studies in science and related disciplines. Students in our PhD programmes will normally receive full studentship throughout the 4-year candidature.
The 5-day programme offers opportunities to prospective applicants of our PhD programmes from all across the world to meet with our talented faculty members, visit our state-of-art laboratory facilities, and to explore an array of research areas and topics that our students can choose to pursue.
Why Study Physics at CityU?
- CityU is a young, fast-growing, research university. According to THE and QS rankings, CityU ranks 48 in the world, it is the most international university in the world, and it also ranks 4 in universities under 50-year-old and 90 in graduate employability.
- The Department of Physics was founded in 2017, building on the outstanding tradition of the former Department of Physics and Materials Science.
- The last Research Assessment Exercise conducted by the Research Grants Council of Hong Kong ranked CityU’s physics second in Hong Kong.
- Our internationally recognized faculty are elected as APS Fellow, AAAS Fellow, MRS Fellow, Highly Cited Researchers, etc.
- Our research is published and highlighted in high-profile journals including Nature, Nature Communications, Science, Nature Physics, Physical Review Letters, etc.
12-16 July 2021
Highlights of activities:
Campus tour, laboratory visits, research seminars, excursion programme, the introduction of research degree programmes at CityU, meeting with supervisors, etc.
What we offer to our campers?
- Meal vouchers of up to HK$100 per day (for all participants)
- 5-night on-campus accommodation (for non-local participants only)
- A travel subsidy of up to HK$3,000 upon successful completion of the 5-day programme (for non-local participants only)
Who can apply?
Local and non-local students who:
- are currently undertaking (in his/her final year of study) or hold a higher degree by research/ Master’s degree/ Bachelor’s degree in physics and related disciplines;
- achieved top ranking in class;
- have the potential to fulfill/ have fulfilled CityU’s English Proficiency Requirement (those who have met the requirement will receive priority consideration); and
- intend to apply for admission to CityU’s PhD programmes in the following year.
How to apply?
Application deadline: 31 March 2021
The activity is free of charge.
Tel: (852) 3442 7831
22 December 2020