- Chow Yei Ching School of Graduate Studies (SGS)
- CityU Enterprises Ltd
- Department of Biology and Chemistry
- (-) Department of Chinese, Translation and Linguistics
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Information Systems
- Department of Management Sciences
- Department of Systems Engineering (SYE)
- Language Information Sciences Research Centre
- Southeast Asia Research Centre
Showing 1 to 2 of 2 results
Following the explosive development of IT, a technological revolution is taking place in the international linguistic scene-the use of technology to save the world's endangered languages. And this is probably why the National Science Foundation and the National Endowment for the Humanities in the US jointly sponsored the establishment of the Electronic Meta-structure for Endangered Language Data Project (EMELD) a few months ago.
A Website Management Programme for students in the Bachelor of Arts with Honours Degree in Language Information Science, offered by CityU's Department of Chinese,Translation and Linguistics, is proving a great success, with student participation now including a large number of students from all three years. The programme is run by Dr Jonathan Webster, Acting Head of CityU's Department of English and Communication.