The aims of the scholarship are:
- to provide opportunities for competent and dedicated students to engage in English learning activities overseas;
- to reward students for improving their English standard through the use of LC resources;
- to encourage students to take an active role in the language learning process;
- to recognise the effort students put in to take charge of their own learning.
Value of Scholarships
Three summer scholarships of HKD $40,000 each will be awarded to support the fees for a 4-week summer Exchange Programme organised by City University of Hong Kong in collaboration with Middlesex University (London).
- All Full-time Year 1, Year 2, Year 3 and Year 4 LOCAL students undertaking UGC-funded DEGREE programmes at City University of Hong Kong (except Advance Standing I & II);
- Applicants must have a 3.0 grade-point average (GPA) or above.
Evidence must be provided by applicants to show outstanding:
- commitment to English language learning;
- progress in English language learning.
The scholarship will be awarded to successful candidates subject to the following conditions:
- The LC scholarship may be terminated at any time if and when the performance of the recipients is considered by the Selection Committee as unsatisfactory or if they for any reason cease to be a full-time undergraduate student;
- Successful candidates may be required to serve as English Language Ambassadors to share their successful language learning experiences.
Documents for Application
Interested students should submit the soft copy or the hard copy of their application to the LC General Office. See the email address and the office address in a later section.
Application procedure and deadline:
Students who intend to apply for the scholarship should submit their completed applications in SOFT COPY by email (email@example.com) or in HARD COPY to the General Office of Chan Feng Men-ling Chan Shuk-lin Language Centre (Room 2403, 2/F, Li Dak Sum Yip Yio Chin Academic Building) by 15:00 on Jan 7, 2022. Late submissions will NOT be considered. The documents should be placed in the following order:
- Application form;
- LC : Independent Learning Activity Record and Reflection;
- LC : ELSS Activity Attendance Record;
- Other Supporting Documents (if any).
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a selection interview to be held between Feb 7 - 11, 2022 (Wk 4 of Sem B). Candidates failing to attend the selection interview(s) will not be considered.
The selection panel reserves the right to check the originality and authenticity of submitted documents. If any plagiarism or forgery is proved, the applicant will be disqualified immediately.
Handling of Information and Personal Data
The personal data provided in the application forms will only be used for activities related to the processing of the application for the LC Scholarship.