The Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences was established in March 2020 with the vision to be Asia’s preeminent body advancing veterinary clinical science in response to evolving societal needs.
The mission of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences has three distinct but interrelated components:
- to train highly-professional, practicing veterinary clinicians through didactic teaching, laboratories, and practical experiences based in state-of-the-art veterinary clinical facilities;
- to advance animal health through cutting-edge clinical research;
- to contribute to the community through excellent service and outreach.
Key Strategic Goals
The Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences has the following key strategic goals:
- attract a critical mass of world-class veterinary clinical faculty to secure and maintain accreditation of CityU’s Bachelor of Veterinary Medicine programme and to establish Hong Kong’s first academic postgraduate veterinary residency-training programmes;
- establish an outstanding clinical research environment, building on CityU strengths in biomedical sciences, neurosciences, infectious diseases and public health, to deliver outcomes that benefit all species;
- foster strong community engagement through excellent clinical service, advice and continuing professional development for veterinarians, and media engagement.