Vision, Mission & Functions of Institutional Research Office (IRO)
The Institutional Research Office (IRO) aspires to be the hub for the provision of institutional data for internal and external stakeholders.
The mission of the Institutional Research Office (IRO) is to serve as the hub and distribution centre for all institutional data. It will provide a single and comprehensive contact point for supplying the University and its stakeholders with prompt and accurate data and analyses for a full range of purposes.
- Provide timely and accurate data sets as required by Government, media and other external bodies such as rankings agencies.
- Provide timely and accurate data sets as required by management for planning, monitoring and assessment purposes.
- Drive institutional participation in data referenced-exercises ranging from the Academic Development Proposals submissions to submissions for external awards like the QS Stars initiative.
- Work alongside all academic and administrative units in the University to provide actionable business intelligence for evidenced-based decision making.
- Ensure sensitive data is protected and used wisely in the best interests of the University through professional PR and communications management.
- Continually improve management data access protocols by working together with the office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) to provide ‘tiered’ instant data download facilities for staff, faculty and management.