Travel & Medical Insurance

    • All exchange students are required to purchase travel and medical insurance coverage for the entire period of their exchange programme. You must also enrol in the mandatory insurance plan designated by your host university, if any. If no such plan is requested, you are still required to take out a travel and medical insurance policy from a licensed insurer.

    • Your insurance policy, inclusive of the mandatory insurance plan provided by your host university, should cover:

      • 1. Medical expenses (accidents and sickness)

      • 2. Hospitalization

      • 3. Personal accidents

      • 4. Emergency medical evacuation/repatriation

      • 5. Loss of luggage and personal belongings

      • 6. Flight delay

      • 7. Personal liability

    • Bring a copy of your insurance policy with you and leave the original with your family.

    • Retain all receipts and documents related to any insurance claim you might wish to make.