How to set up Automatic-Replies (Out of Office) in Microsoft Outlook 2010?
You can setup Auto-reply (e.g. Vacation or Out-of-Office Notice) message in your Exchange account by using Automatic Replies (Out of Office) function provided in MS Outlook:
Following is the procedure of setting up Automatic Replies (Out of Office) option in your account with Outlook 2010:
- Open Outlook.
- Click on the File menu.
- Select Info.
- Click on the Automatic Replies button.
- Click Send automatic replies.
- If you want to use the scheduling option, select the Only send during this time range check box, and then use the Start time and End time lists to specify the time period.
- Type your auto-reply message for internal senders in the text box for sender inside my organization.
- If you want to send auto-reply message to external senders, click on the Outside My Organization Tab.
- Select the Auto-reply to people outside my organization check box.
- Type your auto-reply message for external senders in the text box for sender outside my organization.
To turn off Out of Office auto-replies
Select the Do not send automatic replies option to disable the Automatic Replies of MS Outlook 2010. By default, Automatic Replies are disabled in MS Outlook 2010.
Return to Email FAQ page