Dr HE Zhou
Tel: +(852) 3442 8217
This programme is designed to provide extensive academic and professional training to students in integrated marketing communication by blending what used to be separated modes of advertising, public relations, marketing, and new media.
This programme aims at:
- Educating students for careers in marketing communications and branding
- Enhancing students skills in constructing communication programs driven from consumer and stakeholder insights
- Helping students to learn how to leverage technologies and networks to connect consumers with brands through the channels that are most relevant and interesting to them in this technology-driven age
- Developing students analytical and critical thinking abilities in measuring the results of their communications programs
The MA in Integrated Marketing Communication (MAIMC) is a programme launched by the Department of Media and Communication in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences (CLASS), having the following features:
- It incorporates marketing, public relations, and advertising, and new media in response to the needs by organizations that increasingly demand for professional integrated marketing communicators.
- It is one of the few in the world that infuse a heavy component of state-of-the-art technologies, such as a sophisticated e-platform that converges all modes of communication for this integrated degree and an eye-tracking laboratory that provides scientifically based evidence to guide and test graphic, visual and textual communication in integrated marketing communication for designing more effective persuasive messages.
- It is the first and only MA programme of its kind in UGC-funded universities in Hong Kong.
- Its curriculum is modeled after leading programs in such university as Northwestern University in the United States.