Computational social science
Social media analytics
Personal Information Management
- Visiting, Department of Communication, Michigan State University, 2018.01-2018.06
- M.A., Department of Media and Communication, City University of Hong Kong, 2016
- B.A., Department of Digital Media Art, Beijing Normal University, 2015
- Wang, Y. & Guan, L., (Accepted). Mapping the structures of international communication organizations’ networks and cross-Sector relationships on social media and exploring their antecedents. Public Relations Review. (Q2 in Communication)
- Guan, L., Peng, T., & Zhu, J. J. H. (2019). Who is tracking health on mobile devices: A behavioral logfile analysis in Hong Kong. JMIR mHealth and uHealth. 7(5):e13679 (Q1 in SCI-Medical Informatics)
- Zhu, J. J. H., Zhou, Y., Guan, L., Hou, L., Shen, A., & Lu, H. (2019). Applying user analytics to uses and effects of social media in China. Asian Journal of Communication, 29(3), 291-306. (SSCI)
- Guan, L., Zhang, Y. F. & Zhu, J. J. H. (2016). Segmenting and Characterizing Adopters of E-Books and Paper Books Based on Amazon Book Reviews. In Chinese National Conference on Social Media Processing (pp. 85-97). Springer, Singapore. (EI)
- Zhang, H. Z., Guan, L., & Zhu, L. Y. (2015). Study on Modes of Social Capital on Social Media. Modern Communication (Journal of Communication University of China), (11), 42-46. (CSSCI in Chinese)
Selected Conference Papers
- Guan, L., Liang, H., & Zhu, J. J. H. (2020). National Census of Twitter Users: Scrapping and Describing the Socio-Centric Network of a Nation on Social Media. Oral presented at the 70th Annual ICA conference, Online.
- Wang, Y., & Guan, L. (2020). Mapping the Structures of International Communication Organizations’ Networks and Cross-Sector Relationships on Social Media. Oral presented at the 70th Annual ICA conference, Online.
- Oktavianus, J., Davidson, B., & Guan, L. (2019). Polarized social media collective action framing: The case of LGBTQ protests in a Muslim nation. Paper accepted at IAMCR Madrid Conference 2019, Madrid, Spain.
- Guan, L., Liang, H, & Zhu, J. J. H. (2019). Predicting Reposting Latency of News Content in Social Media: A Focus on Issue Attention, Temporal Usage Pattern, and Information Redundancy. Oral presented at the 69th Annual ICA conference, Washington DC, United States.
- Guan, L., Zhang, Y. F., & Zhu, J. J. H. (2018). Impact of Self-interest, Peer Influence and Global Popularity on Blogging Activities. Oral presented at the 68th Annual ICA conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Zhang, Y. F., Guan, L., Chen, H. X., & Zhu, J. J. H. (2017). Using Text Mining to Measure Diffusion of Innovation. Oral presented at the 67th Annual ICA conference, San Diego, USA.
- Zhu, J. J. H., Guan, L., Liang, H. & Peng, T. Q. (2017). New Bottle of Old Wine vs. Old Bottle of New Wine: What Contributions Have Computational Methods Made to Social Media Research? Oral presented at the 67th Annual ICA conference, San Diego, USA.
- Guan, L., Zhang, Y. F. & Zhu, J. J. H. (2016). Segmenting and Characterizing Adopters of E-Books and Paper Books Based on Amazon Book Reviews. Oral presented at 5th Chinese National Conference on Social Media Processing, Nanchang, China.
Scholarships & Awards
- 2016-2019, Research Tuition Scholarship, City University of Hong Kong
- 2016-2018, Outstanding Academic Performance Award, City University of Hong Kong
- Second Prize for Student Papers on the first annual conference of Chinese Computational Communication Research Association (CCRA2018), Beijing Normal University